Installing wordpress to your localhost
What is wordpress
WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. But in non-geek speak, it’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today.
Why you should use wordpress
The best part about WordPress is that it’s easy to use and flexible enough for just about anything. That’s the main reason why WordPress has grown so much in popularity. According to a recent survey, WordPress powers 22.5% of all websites on the internet.
WordPress today is not just for simple blogging it can be use for eCommerce or even bigger
How to install wordpress
- You need to have a localhost as mention above
- You need to download wordpress core from wordpress.org
- Extract the wordpress file to your localhost
- Create empty database ( wordpress generate tables so it will required empty database and also server credential localhost default username: root password: (empty)
- Provide site information including administrator account.
- Login your account and view your dashboard